Welcome to Saratoga Strings- our area’s premier Youth String Ensembles!
REGISTER your 5th or 6th grader ONLINE by September 17, 2018 by following the link below:
Click here for ONLINE REGISTRATION
Click here for ONLINE PAYMENT (instructions below)
Ashley Braithwaite Carly Peterson
Director, VHMS Orchestras Director, Saratoga Strings Youth Ensembles
Coordinator, Saratoga Strings Youth Ensembles email@example.com
– Please register for the orchestra by Sept. 17, 2018.
– The cost of orchestra is $130 for the year.
– Make payments in person at the Vista Heights Middle School Finance Office or online at www.myschoolfees.com. Go to the bottom of the page and click “guest login” then scroll through the drop down menu to “UT- Alpine -Vista Heights Middle” and click. Then click “Saratoga Strings.” Then click on “Add to Cart” and make the payment.
– Payment period opens on August 16, 2018. We have set up a payment plan where you can split the $130 into two $65 payments. The First Fee deadline will be September 17, 2018 and the second Fee Deadline will be January 14, 2019.
– Orchestra is on Tuesdays and Thursdays for both classes in the Vista Heights Orchestra Room.
– Beginning Orchestra is for those who not have taken orchestra before. They meet from 4:30- 5:25pm.
– The Cadet Orchestra is for those who have participated in our orchestra previously or who have had private lessons (Intermediate level players). They meet from 5:30-6:25pm.
– Classes are held from Sept. 18, 2018 – May 14, 2019.
– We will have 2 concerts- December 6, 2018 and May 14, 2019
– There is a parent night informational meeting on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 7:00pm in the Vista Heights Orchestra Room.
Materials needed for orchestra:
– Students need to provide their own instrument. Please click on the LUTHIERS tab in the menu bar for more information and recommendations.
-Rosin (I recommend Bernardel for violin/viola/cello and Pops for bass)
-Cello Strap (cellos)
-Shoulder Rest (violin/viola)
-Method Book: String Explorer Bk 1 (please make sure you get the book designated for your instrument!)